If you are looking into selling your business, you will come to realize that having the right people on your side is crucial. You need someone who can scale the value of your business accurately and has the connections to the right market to sell your business for what it’s worth. At GMO you will find that person who understands the importance of the preparation that goes into the process of selling a business. We have a proactive approach in selling your business and know exactly how to present you and your business to the right people. We take confidentiality seriously and strive to achieve the best results for you and your business.
Sell your business with maximum results
A lot of hard work, perhaps even some blood, sweat and tears went into building your business from the ground up. When looking into the opportunities of selling your business we strive to get the maximum value of your investment and the business that you’ve worked so hard to build.
Selling a business in Perth
Each and every region in the world has its own set of intricacies and challenges when it comes to owning a business. Being WA’s number one Business Broker, you can rest assured our knowledge of buying and selling in Perth is second to none.
GMO business broker as your partner for selling your business
If you’re selling your business or considering it, GMO business brokers in Perth can provide you with an accurate value of its worth based on our expert knowledge and experience in selling businesses. When you control the sale of your business through GMO you can rest assured in your decision to use us to market your business. Selling your business in WA is smooth and effortless through the most established and experienced business brokers in Perth.
Our service provides a unique combination of:
- Marketing know-how
- Knowledge of where to find the right buyers
- Understanding business practices
- Specialist knowledge of industry sectors
- Credibility with accountants & legal practitioners
- The skills to negotiate on a client’s behalf
- Years of experience in networking
- Knowing the right conveyancers, finance brokers, bankers and stock takers.
If you decide to sell a business through us you can rest assured that our highly qualified team will guide you through the legal hand-over processes that are imperative when you sell business divisions and complete companies. Also, no one understands better than us that selling a business can be a hard decision to make. But it needn’t be a hard process. You’ve invested time and money into your business, and now you would like to see a return on your investment. So, profit from our experience.
Preparations needed to sell my business
In order to take your business to market, we will work together to prepare your business for sale. This includes documenting policies and procedures and ensuring your financials are up to date. Further to this, similar to selling any other valuable asset such as your home, there are several practical steps you can take to create a good first impression to a potential Buyer. You will improve the perception of value to the Buyer and may increase the price you can ask for your business.
- Inventory – sell all obsolete or slow-moving stock items. This will improve both your sales figures and eliminate disputes about the value of inventory during the sale.
- Plant and equipment – sell any redundant or obsolete plant and equipment, machinery, spare parts and scrap that are no longer required.
- Business premises – look at your premises with the eyes of a potential Buyer. Clean up, maintain and paint the premises where necessary. Ensure the premises comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Employees – Retaining key employees after the transition to the new owner may be important for a successful sale. Determine which employees are critical to the business and those prepared to stay. Ensure all employee contracts are up to date and calculate the staff entitlements.
Commercial premises leases – Review business premises leases and ensure the lease does not expire or require renegotiation during the time when you plan to sell the business.
Sell my business online
It doesn’t matter where in the world your potential buyers may be. Sophisticated internet-based software enables us to match potential buyers and sellers using comprehensive database listings. Being the largest business broking agency in Western Australia, we have access to an extensive list of a variety of businesses for sale and a wide network of contacts.
We look forward to assisting you.